Zebras Outdoor Accent Pillow - Masai Red
Originally designed in the 1940s for Gino of Capri restaurant, lovingly known as "Gino’s" by New Yorkers, Scalamandré restored the Zebras wallcovering in this Upper East Side institution in the 1970s after it was destroyed in a fire. Flora Scalamandré, wife of Franco Scalamandré, free handed the signature motif that would come to be known as the iconic Scalamandré Zebras design. Zebras features an animated sketch of two Zebras prancing around politely placed arrows. This playful design was an instant hit, quickly entering the line, and was soon after immortalized in films such as Wes Anderson’s "The Royal Tenenbaums” and Woody Allen’s "Mighty Aphrodite.” Zebras has proven to be an industry favorite and beyond as it remains highly used, and highly recognized across the world.
- 100% Solution Dyed Polyester
- Backed in identical fabric
- Signature RED hidden-zipper closure
- Trimmed with a knife-edge finish
- Textile produced in ITALY
- Premium Polyester Insert Included
- All indoor/outdoor pillow covers are handcrafted and slightly differ, variations in pattern and color can be expected as no two pillow covers are alike
- All indoor/outdoor pillows come complementary gift packaged, and are inclusive of a dust covering
- Hand wash in cold water, air dry only, do not iron
All outdoor pillows are hand cut, and custom made to order. Please account for a 5-7 business day lead time before shipping.